The possession of vehicles is quite common living in Pakistan. Motorbikes are one of the most convenient vehicles available. According to a survey, 11.5 per cent of two-wheels registered in the country last year, almost 15,664,098 from 17,465,880. That is the highest increase until now. Every day, many people query about the registration process of the bikes in Pakistan.
Importance of Bike Registration:
A motorbike registration is essential to keep your bike on the road. According to the motor vehicle Act of 1988, you must carry your Registration Card (RC) whilst driving. A registered bike increase many beneficiary factors for the owner.
Following are some of the benefits of getting your bike registered:
- Increase of bike’s safety
- Eliminates the interruption of the third party
- Increases the insurance of the bike
- Discourages underage Bike riders
- Discourages unnecessary Beuraracy
- Increase the amount of Taxpayer
What is MTMIS?
The Motor Transport Management Information System (MTMIS) is the registration system generated by the Government that is available nationwide in all the metro cities of the nation. You can access the Islamabad MTMIS by logging on to the website. The MTMIS gives detailed information on all the vehicle’s features registered with the website.
List of the feature that can be checked through the MTMIS Website:
- Owner’s Name
- Vehicle Information
- Registration Details
- Engine Number
- Chassis Number
- Year of Registration
- Vehicle Model
- Company Name
- Vehicle Tax Details
- Engine Capacity
What is a Registration Card (RC)?
The Registration Card is a proven identity given by the Motor Transport Management Information System (MTMIS). The RC is used to prove that your vehicle is registered with RTO (Regional Transport Office) government authorities. The registration card is valid up to 15 years after its issuance. It can be renewed for further 5 years after its expiry.
Methods of Bike Verification in Pakistan:
The Government of Pakistan introduced some effortless patterns to verify bike registration. There are three methods to check your bike registration:
- Excise Official Website
- SMS Registration
- Visit Excise Departments
The methods discussed in detail to are stated below:
Bike Registration Check through Excise Official Website:
The bike registration check through the MTMIS office website is relatively effortless. The Government generated three websites to increase the accessibility of citizens.
Following are the relevant Excise department websites generated by the Excise Department:
- PUNJAB WEBSITE: https://mtmis.excise.punjab.gov.pk/
- SINDH WEBSITE: https://www.excise.gos.pk/
- KPK WEBSITE: http://www.kpexcise.gov.pk/mvrecords/
- MTMIS ISLAMABAD WEBSITE : http://islamabadexcise.gov.pk/
MTMIS Islamabad Website:
The Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department’s Capital Territory website verifies and registers the bike bought in the capital city.
MTMIS Punjab Website:
MTMIS Punjab website registers and verifies the bike bought in Rawalpindi and cities under Punjab province.
Following are some of the cities that can check registration from the MTMIS Punjab Website:
- D.G. Khan
MTMIS Sindh Website:
The Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department’s Sindh website register and verify the bike bought under the province of Sindh.
Following are some of the cities that can check registration from the Sindh Website:
MTMIS KPK Website:
The Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department’s Kyber Pakhtunkhwa official website registers and verifies the motorbike bought in the province of KPK.
Following are some of the cities that can check registration from the KPK Website:
Process of Bike registration Check through MTMIS website:
The registration check through the Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department’s is relatively effortless. Follow the step written below to check your bike registration online.
The process to check bike registration through the MTMIS website is following:
- Visit their MTMIS official website (Punaj, Sindh, KPK) mentioned above
- Tap on the toolbar of the “Vehicle Registration.”
- Select the “Check Vehicle Detail”
- Enter the Registration date and Registration Number
- Tap on the ‘Check’ afterwards
After this process, the service will provide you with the detail of your bike registration.
Bike Registration CHECK through SMS:
SMS is another convenient way to check your Bike registration.
SMS Codes of provinces to check Bike registration:
- Punjab SMS Code: “8785”
- Sindh SMS Code: “8147”
- Islamabad SMS Code: 8521
Methods of Bike Registration through SMS:
The process to check bike registration through SMS is following:
- Open your SMS window
- Type your vehicle’s registration number
- Send the generated text to the code relevant to your province
The server will provide the relevant information about your bike registration.
A bike Registration check through Visit to the Excise Office:
The Excise office is the most appropriate method to check your bike registration.
Process of Bike registration Check through Visiting Excise Office:
The Process of Bike registration Check through Visiting Excise Office is following:
- Visit The Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department in your city.
- Bring the original documents of your motorbike.
- The Excise officer will help you check your Bike registration
- The Excise office corporative staff will accommodate you with the bike registration check query
Addresses of The Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department:
Following are Adress of Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department in some prominent cities of Pakistan:
- Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department Islamabad Adress: Inside HEC Building, Service Road E, near H 9/4, Sector H-9. Contact Number: 051-9265598
- Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department Lahore Address: 2-A, Farid Kot Road Lahore. Contact Number: (042) 99202411
- Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department Karachi Adress: Tughlaq House Sindh Secretariat Karachi Pakistan. Contact Number: 021‑99240558
Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department Peshawer: Auqaf Plaza, Shami Road, Peshawar Cantt. Contact Number: 091‑9211209
09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Note: The Excise, Taxation and Narcotics department offices are closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
Information Required for Bike Registration:
The following information is required before you fill your registration form:
- Owner’s information: (Name, Address, Contact Information and NTN)
- Transfer Details of Bike: (Information of Purchase)
- Purchase information: (Name of The Bank or The Company)
- Taxpayer information: (Filer or Non-Filer Status)
- Vehicle information: (Body Type, Chassis Number, Engine Number and Size Of The Vehicle)
- Information of the owner’s representative
Benefits of Bike Registration:
The Online Vehicle Verification is very beneficial to avoid the legal issues that might come through when you buy a bike.
Following are the benefits of registering a motorbike:
- MTMIS protect from encountering almost every online vehicle fraud and scam.
- The vehicles entire online history can be accessed from the system.
- The system eliminated many issues that can be later turned into vehicle frauds.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Following the FAQs about the Bike registration in Pakistan:
Q1: How can I check my bike registration number?
Ans: To check your bike registration number, please visit the MTMIS official website online.
Q2: How do I check my bike registration through SMS in Punjab?
Ans: To check your bike registration, write down your vehicle registration number and send it to the shortcode “8785”.
Q3: How do I find the owner through the online bike registration number?
Ans: Visit the MTMIS website type in the bike registration number. The server would provide all the relevant information about the vehicle.
Q4: What is the RC number?
Ans: The Registration Card is a proven identity given by the Motor Transport Management Information System (MTMIS).
Q5: The RC is valid up to how much time?
Ans: The registration card is valid up to 15 years after its issued date. After its expiry, it can be renewed for 5 years.
Your bike registration is essential to your vehicle safe and to avoid fraud and scams. It is also a very mandatory process to do being a responsible citizen. This particular blog will give relevant information about checking bike registration online in Pakistan.b motorcycle registration check, bike registration check by cnic punja, bike registration check punjab, motorcycle registration check online, motorcycle registration fee in punjab pakistan 2020, motorcycle registration number check, mtmis punjab, vehicle registration check punjab