- Housing Minister (Mian Mahmood Ur Rasheed) has launched Low-Cost Housing Projects in eight cities.
- Projects been announced in cities including Okara, Lodhran, Bahawalnagar, Faisalabad, Sialkot, Chistian, Chiniot and Jhelum
- Land identification process has been initiated along with review of its acquisition process for the housing program
- Housing Projects are likely to be announced soon in KPK
- Had a meeting with CM Sindh.
- No Govt level initiative as yet under NPHP
Baluchistan and Gilgit/Baltistan:
- Provincial set up for NPHP is yet to be established. A few housing projects have however been announced by FGEHF
- Federal Territory: FEGHF has launched a housing project in Islamabad for Govt employees. More are in the pipeline.
FGEHF – EOI & RESPONSE
- Federal Government Employees’ Housing Foundation (FGEHF):
In compliance to the decision of the Prime Minister Federal Government Employees Housing Foundation launched EOI from private parties under JV Policy duly approved by Federal Government on 12-10-2018 to provide housing facility to around 150,000 Federal Government Employees already registered with FGEHF.
- The total quantum of proposed land is almost 570,000 kanals/ 71,250 Acres.
- In total 39 private firms came up with 94 proposals.
Proposed Sites in AJK:
- 120 kanal Basnara Muzafrabad – 400 apartments
- 800 kanal Mirpur – 2600 apartments
Projects of FGEHF: Proposed Sites in Punjab and Islamabad
- Moza Hakla, near Tarnol, Rawalpindi – 400 Kanals
- G+9: 3100 units
- G+14: 4600 units
- Mauza Bajnial, Tehsil Rawalpindi – 520 Kanals
- G+9 : 8500 units
- G+14: 12700 units
- Lahore Cantt, Bedian Road – 30 Kanals
- G+9: 480 units
- G+14: 725 units
- G+14: 725 units
- G+9: 650 units
- G+14: 980 units
PROJECTS PROPOSED IN BALUCHISTAN
- Quetta 29 Acre – Wahdat colony 5000 Apartments (G+14)
- Gwadar 1577 Acre – 55,000 total (45,000 Apartments (G+14) + 10,000 houses)
- Fisherman Colony – 54,000 Apartments (G+4), 2 Bed Apartments (750 Sft)
- Jiwani 200 Acre
- Pasnii 200 Acre
- Ormarra 200 Acre
- Kuchlak Road, Quetta: 89 Acre
- 986 Houses and 48 Apartments
- Gawadar: 200 Acre
- 1620 Houses and 2436 Apartments