To facilitate the citizens of Islamabad, the new facility has been launched of Smart Card for registration of vehicles. This process will help citizens get smart vehicle cards without any problem.
The government has taken this initiative to help the citizens get vehicle smart cards and get rid of the old conventional methods where they have to wait for many days and in long queues.
What was the Old Registration Book Method:
Vehicle smart cards for Islamabad are launched to get rid of conventional registration books. The old method caused a lot of discomfort for the citizens as they had to wait in long queues to apply for the cards. The application process was not the only problem. But they had to visit Excise & Taxation office multiple times.
The residents of the federal capital will have a convenient process where they can get the smart card while sitting at their home or their workplace.
What is the Process for Getting Smart Cards in Islamabad for Vehicle:
Applying for the smart cards vehicle in Islamabad is simple and easy. There are simple ways for applying for vehicle smart cards. You will have to fill the form in which the mobile phone number is required for transferring of vehicle or registration.
You will get the delivery status of the smart card on the registered mobile number.
Process of Applying for Smart Card in Islamabad:
A proper system is launched if someone wants to apply for a smart card. You will have to follow the steps below if you want the card:
- First, you will have to visit the nearest ETD office in Islamabad. The address of the Excise and Taxation Department in Islamabad is HEC BUIDLING، Service Road E, NEAR H 9/4 H-9
- You will get a form over there that you will have to fill
- Before submitting the form, make sure that there is no unpaid token tax on the vehicle
- Your card will get ready in two weeks after submitting the form
Conditions for Getting Smart Card:
The authorities set several pre-defined conditions if you want to apply for the form. Below are all of them:
- Submit the original registration book
- The vehicle must be registered in Islamabad
- Vehicle must be registered on applicant’s name
- You will have to pay a fee for a smart card, that is Rs.1500/-
- The applicant must also submit the photocopy of his CNIC
City Islamabad Mobile Application:
Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) has also launched a mobile app for the citizens to register, submit online token tax through the Islamabad app, and verify their vehicle online.
This app has 7 sections and 44 services. The important sections are:
- City Guide
- Featured Services
- ICT Administration
- Excise and Taxation
- Capital Development Authority/Metropolitan Corporation Islamabad
Moreover, it also offers multiple services, including:
- Token Tax Payment
- Vehicle Registration
- Domicile Certificate
- Emergency Numbers
- International Driving Permit
Information Printed on Vehicles Smart Cards:
All information regarding the vehicle and owner is mentioned on the card.
You will get the following information:
- Size of tires
- Token taxes
- Owner’s name
- chassis number
- Engine Number
- Date of registration
- Registration numbers
- Details about cylinders
- Year of Manufacturing
- Color and type of vehicle
- Provided CNIC/Passport details
- Registration History (if required)
- Engine Power and Seating Capacity
- Manufacturer’s name and the class of vehicle
How to Check the Status for Islamabad Smart Card?
The procedure to check the Smart Card Status for Online Vehicle Registration to Excise & Taxation Department is simple. The Excise and Taxation Department Punjab has launched an online system to check the implementation of the smart card. You can simply check the status by visiting the website.
Follow the steps below:
- You will have to open the Website of MTMIS Islamabad. Click to open the website
- You will have to add the Vehicle Number in the space given
- Then you will have to click the check button
- The details will be shown
Benefits of Vehicle Smart Cards:
There are a lot of benefits that you can get through Vehicle Smart cards. Below are some of them:
- You will not have to carry the registration book and relevant documents as proof which you have to show that you are the vehicle owner
- You can get rid of vehicle tampering and save from scams caused by fake documentation
- Your entire vehicle details can be checked by scanning the smart card
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Below are some of the FAQs asked about Smart Cards:
Q1. Why are Smart Cards better than registration books?
Ans: The smart card is just one piece of card that is far better than carrying the books with other documents.
Q2: When was the Smart Card launched?
Ans: The Smart Card was launched on March 23rd, 2019.
Q3: What is the address of the Excise and Taxation Department in Islamabad?
Ans: The excise and Taxation Department is located at HEC BUIDLING، Service Road E, NEAR H 9/4 H-9.
Q4: What is the fee for Vehicle Registration Smart Card?
Ans: The fee for a vehicle registration smart card is Rs.1500/-
Q: Is it necessary to attach the registration book while applying for the smart card for vehicle registration?
Ans: Yes, it is necessary to attach the original vehicle registration book if you want to apply for a smart card.
Smart card schemes for vehicles in Islamabad help people get their vehicle cards without any problem. The government has also launched the MTMIS Punjab online vehicle registration verification system.
- How to Check the Complete Registration Details of a Car Online?
- How to Check the Complete Registration Details of a Car Via Sms?